Fried rice is a popular and delicious dish that’s perfect for a quick and easy weeknight dinner. This recipe combines fluffy rice, sautéed vegetables, and scrambled eggs with savory soy sauce and fragrant sesame oil for a flavorful and satisfying meal that’s ready in just 20 minutes. Whether you’re looking for a simple and nutritious meal for the whole family or a flavorful side dish to accompany your favorite Asian-inspired dishes, this easy fried rice recipe is sure to become a staple in your recipe repertoire.
- 3 cups cooked rice (preferably day-old rice)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, sliced
- First, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion and carrots and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Next, add the frozen peas and minced garlic, and cook for another 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant and the peas are heated through.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs into the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked through, and then mix them together with the vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice to the skillet and stir to combine with the vegetable and egg mixture.
- Drizzle the soy sauce and sesame oil over the rice and stir to combine. Add the black pepper and salt and stir again.
- Cook the fried rice for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until it is heated through and starting to brown.
- Remove the skillet from heat and sprinkle the sliced green onions over the top of the fried rice.
- Serve the fried rice hot, garnished with additional green onions, if desired.
This fried rice recipe is a quick and easy meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. With just a few simple ingredients and 20 minutes of cooking time, you can have a flavorful and satisfying meal on the table in no time. Plus, this recipe is easy to customize by swapping in your favorite vegetables or adding some protein such as shrimp or chicken.
One tip for making perfect fried rice is to use day-old rice that’s been chilled in the refrigerator overnight. This helps to dry out the rice slightly and makes it easier to separate the grains when frying. Another tip is to cook the eggs separately from the vegetables before mixing them together. This helps to ensure that the eggs are fully cooked and not too runny.
Overall, this easy fried rice recipe is a great option for anyone looking for a quick and flavorful meal that’s packed with veggies and protein. Give it a try and let us know what you think!